The Truth in Love

Speaking the 'truth in love' can be a very difficult thing to do.  And a very difficult thing to receive.  And sometimes unnecessary.

Confronting isn't always ours to do.

If my friend is talking disrespectfully about her husband; complaining and not honouring him, is it my job to confront her?

If my husband is not helping around the house, or watching too much tv, do I tell him?
Or if my husband is short with our children, do I need to confront him?

Sometimes love doesn't need to speak.  Sometimes love remembers that I watch too much tv, get angry with the children and sometimes complain as well. Sometimes love just prays.

When I see something someone in my life is doing wrong, sometimes the best thing I can do is pray and trust the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26
"But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My Name, He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall everything I have told you."

The Holy Spirit is there to convict us because God loves us and wants the best for our lives. His conviction is all about God's love.

When I give the situation to God and He can speak into the hearts. I have seen God change hearts in a way that would never be possible for me to do.  God loves our friends, our children, our husband and our marriage even more than we do.

I need to remember that true change takes place when the Holy Spirit speaks, not me.


No comments:

Post a Comment