1 cup softened butter 3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar 1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift together the flours, salt, baking powder and baking soda
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Place golf-ball size dough portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
I like to use parchment paper on my cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 9 minutes or until edges are light brown.
It is very important that you do not exceed the cooking time even if the cookies appear to be under baked. When the cookies are removed from the oven, the sugar in them will stay hot and continue the cooking process. The finished product should be soft in the middle and crunchy around the edges.