Love Like God Does

This post is take from my old blog.  I posted this on February 27, 2007.

Love Like God Does

Sometimes it can be difficult to see people the way that God sees them. To see past the walls that they have built to protect themselves. The walls which are inhibiting them from embracing the love that God has for them.

It can be easier to only visualize people where they are right now and not see them fulfilling all of their Godly potential.

I was praying and asking God to help me to love others the way that He does. I asked God to allow me to see people after their hearts have been changed and living for Him. I wanted to see them (in my mind) the way that God can see them. I wanted to be able to love them. I so wanted to see past their situations and see them living in God's will. 

BUT! God said to me that He loves them at their absolute worst. God told me that I have to love them right where they are now. 

John 13:34 says "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

No comments:

Post a Comment